As ‘partners in the gospel’ and intentionally sent into Penrith, we all have a role to play in reflecting God’s heart to those around us.
Throughout this pandemic we have an opportunity to bring peace and hope to an anxious world. At the same time we want to ensure we reflect the compassion of Jesus by doing what we can to keep people safe and well, particularly those who are at higher risk of complications from illness.
We can show this compassion by:
- Following the advice of the NSW Government regarding good hygiene, home quarantine etc
- Redefining how we do our Sunday gatherings as per government advice, ongoing review into options depending on the advice given
- Practising ‘loving people, as we love ourselves’ when we’re shopping by being attentive to social distancing and not over buying
- Checking in with each other and ensuring we find creative ways to connect, particularly with those who have to be isolated or are unable to join the online platform
- Continuing to pray for our neighbourhoods, our town and our world in this difficult time
REDEFINED SUNDAY GATHERINGS
Our Sunday gatherings are all online for now.
While we love and value these ‘all-in’ weekly gatherings, thankfully our 'Church' isn't defined by physically gathering alone. Our Sunday services have gone online through the platform Facebook and all interactive connection points will be held on the ZOOM platform. These connections may be ‘virtual’ rather than physical, but when we gather in the Spirit of God it doesn't matter our location. #wearetheChurchnotthebuilding
We will be constantly monitoring NSW Government restriction levels for updates and will be live streaming every service every week through Facebook.
All prayer gatherings and interactive connections will be held through ZOOM.
Please keep up-to-date with every online connection point we create during this time for teaching, connection, prayer and input.
SUPPORT FOR THOSE IN ISOLATION
While all of us need to stay home as per NSW Government advice, we know some people may need to completely self-isolate from family and friends if they meet certain levels and personal circumstances. If this is you, we want to support you.
We have people that would love to come alone side you to help with your physical and emotional needs: email@example.com
We have people that would love to come alone side you in prayer: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have people that would love to bless you with food and health supplies: email@example.com
We have a space you can regularly connect with people for relational and growth opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org